Monday, January 18, 2016

Week Two: Mag-awesome

This week I want to review one of the best toys O got for Christmas this year. I am absolutely in love with Magformers/Magmagic. 5 out of 5. A+.

They are the most overpriced pieces of plastic ever, but they are so cool I choose to stick my head in the sand when it comes to the price tag.

For Christmas O got a set of Magmagic from his cousins. He played with them that night for ages with his 2 and 7 year old cousins, and for days after. He is still super excited whenever we pull them out of the toy box.

The day after Christmas Mike and I enjoy going shopping. Or maybe it is just me that enjoys it. Oops. Mike is a good sport and tags along with the hope of scoring a sweet Lego set on clearance.
We like to hit Target, of course, but our favorite is the Go! Calendars, Toys, & Games store. They have 50% the whole store, which is an OK deal for some of the overpriced to begin with stuff, but a great deal for things that have a pretty standard price everywhere. We found two sets of Magformers there this year! 50% off was much cheaper than anywhere we looked online, so we went for it.

A stunning creation. 
As it turns out, the gift was Magmagic brand and the ones we picked up on sale were Magformers brand. Luckily they are 100% compatible with each other! 

Every adult that has stumbled across them seems to be just as excited about them as O is. I have definitely considered swiping some and keeping them at work to fiddle with while I'm on the phone. ;)

My review is that they are an awesome toy that teaches math, creativity, cause and effect, and patience. O says they are "really, really fun" and he says "I like to SMASH them!" 
"This is a playground with a jumping thing but no garage."
SMASH! {Dragon costume for full Godzilla effect}

No comments:

Post a Comment