Sunday, January 24, 2016

Week Three: Sensory Bin {part one}

Well. In my head this was going to be a post about 3 or 4 super cool sensory bins to try with toddlers. But...

I bet you can see where this is going...

It didn't happen. 

I managed to do one, and that will just have to be good enough. I doubt that O cares that there weren't more bins this week. He was in heaven with his Jelly Beads!

I bought these a while back on Amazon and I wasn't sure how long they would last but holy cow does a tiny amount of dry beads make a huge amount of jelly beads!!

The first time we played with them we used some sea creature toys to "swim" through the beads. This time we focused on scooping and pouring. I love to touch these things, and so does O. He scooped and poured and scooped and poured. When he overflowed one of bowls and dumped them all over the floor learned a valuable spacial reasoning skill, he also learned that they SQUISH when you step on them. Luckily they are easy to wipe up, but be warned: they bounce!

No comments:

Post a Comment