Monday, February 8, 2016

Week Four: A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

I have to share one of the most amusing and sweet things that has been going on recently.

O has always had a lot to say. Since birth he was loud, and found his voice shortly after. He started talking early, and was speaking in sentences that outsiders could understand before he was two. All that chatting makes me sometimes forget to take in just how hilarious and adorable some of it is.

Every night before bed Mike and I will tell O what to dream about and he has started telling us what to dream about too. We have started taking note of some of his suggestions. Here are a few from the last couple weeks, grouped by night. :)

  • Really, really, really, really, really fast cars
  • Crocodiles
  • Kindle
  • Mama
  • Mac and cheese

  • Alligators
  • Porcupines
  • Water fountains
  • Barnes and Noble
  • Rockets

  • Mac and cheese 
  • Flying planes
  • Auntie Jessica
  • Toy benches

  • The man with the yellow hat
  • Dinosaurs
  • Macaroni and cheese
  • Lamps

Am I writing this for you to enjoy or for me to chronicle and look back on in the years to come? Hard to say. Probably the latter, to be honest. But I just can't help it. I love every chance to tap into the enigma that is a toddler brain. 





No comments:

Post a Comment