Monday, March 24, 2014

Week Eleven: Wine Tasting

This weekend, thanks to Living Social, I visited Northern Vineyards in Stillwater for a wine tasting. I've been to this place before and I knew I enjoyed their wines, so I was quite excited. Nothing like an expiring Living Social deal to bring you together with friends you should really hang out with more often! 

Before we went, I knew I would want to blog about it. I also knew that my phone was FULL, so I spent time uploading my pictures to 2 computers and the external hard drive {Overkill? No. Because if I lost all those pictures and videos of my little buddy I would cry for days} With a freshly emptied phone I was ready to take all kinds of artsy pictures at the tasting to add to the blog. 

And then I took zero pictures. Haha, seriously. Not one of our group, not one of the wine, not one of the storefront. None. Maybe I was having way too much fun to even think about it? It was a lot of fun, but seriously. No pictures? Get your head in the game, me! 

Luckily my pal Reilly took this photo of the tasting menu we had for the day. I had so many favorites! It was hard to not just just buy a bottle of each. 

Photo by the lovely Reilly K.
It was crazy busy in there, which I thought at first could be because everyone had an expiring Living Social deal. But I came to find out that it was actually a "Spring into Wine" event that they were hosting. Definitely want to get on that train next year! They had a tasting menu for the event, as well as dessert pairings. Then there are 4 other local wineries that had similar things going on that you could visit as a part of the package deal.

Yum x3
Here are some of the wines I have from Northern Vineyards. I'm especially excited to open the St. Pepin. It reminded me of summer when I tasted it, so I think I will save it for some warm weather. If that ever happens. 

Have you been to a wine tasting? Where did you go, did you love it, and should I go too??
:)

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment