Monday, March 31, 2014

Week Twelve: Water Ring Sling

This week has been chaos. CHAOS I tell you!

Luckily I did find time to try my hand at a DIY project that I wanted to do before we left for Florida. A water ring sling! 

I borrowed a mesh water ring sling last summer when O was just teeny and I went to the water park with my mom and crew. It was lovely, secure, and snuggley. It was also way too long for me, and not mine.

So, a few weeks ago I decided I'd try my hand at sewing myself a water ring sling, and what better deadline to give myself than before our trip to Florida? Well, in hindsight I can think of about a million better deadlines. Because, while this was a super easy project, it took time that I didn't really have this week to do it.

In any event, I stuck to my silly self-imposed deadline and made the carrier. It was so easy. I had a few hiccups {like the fabric I ordered online not being quite what I was thinking it would be} but over all it all worked out and only took about 30 minutes or so to do! 

Easy accordion fold. 


If I ever venture into the sling making world again, I will definitely try to do a fancier shoulder so it spreads out a little better.

Luckily, my mom and crew were in town this weekend and stayed at a hotel, so O and I got to test out the sling ahead of vacation. I think it is safe to say he loved it. He loved everything about the pool, including the salt water that he kept licking off his hands {gross}! Gulf of Mexico, here we come!

Trial run!


*If you're thinking of making a sling for yourself make sure you buy quality rings from slingrings.com. Rings from the fabric store are not intended for this purpose and can break.*

No comments:

Post a Comment