Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Week Eleven: Library Tote Bag

We love the library. It may be the toys that make O want to go, but it is the books that keep him there. He loves picking out books to bring home, books to read there, and "beeping" each book at the checkout.

Since we have a special talent of losing track of library items, I decided to take a page out of my cousin's book {heh heh, see what I did there?} and have a dedicated library tote bag!

The idea is that the library books will stay in the bag and we can take them out to read, but they get put back in the bag rather than the other book collecting surfaces, bins, and shelves in our home.

That's the idea anyhow. I know that we are super lazy. And I know we have a toddler who is supper good at toddlering. So in reality, I realize my plan may not be super feasible. BUT what I think will be feasible is at least keeping the receipt with the list of items and due dates on it in the bag. I feel like even we can manage that. ;)

I found some plain canvas bags on clearance at Target and O and I got to work on decorating one to use as a library bag!

Supplies:
-bag
-stencils
-brushes
-acrylic paint
-fabric medium 

After mixing the fabric medium into the paint according to the directions on the bottle, I just let him go to town with the roller and brushes! The roller was the clear hit, and we managed to test one stencil as well. All in all it was a great project and super easy to clean up, which is always a plus. :)

So much fun!
Finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment