Sunday, April 13, 2014

Week Fourteen: Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail!

Last week when we were in Florida, O's cousin had a hopping little bunny that sang "Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail" that he loved!

SO happy with himself for catching the hopping bunny. 

So obviously, I can assume that he is super excited for Easter! I'm a tad excited too. I can't wait to see if O will hunt for eggs or not care at all {my money is on finding one egg and being done for the day}. I am also excited for him to get his Easter basket. I bought the basket and a few things last year on clearance. Then over the past few months I've been picking up random things as I come across them.

Here is what I have so far:

Basket is from Target last year, as is the duck container and bunny sippy cup. The gator pull toy and the three books are all from consignment shops. I had coordinating letter stickers on hand to personalize the basket. 


Since he is a baby there is no need for candy, but I will make him a couple "cookies" to put in the duck container in his basket. Here's hoping I manage to leave some for him to eat. I kind of love them.

"Cookies" are bananas, oats, cinnamon, and zucchini {steamed and then pureed} mashed together and cooked for 11 minutes at 350. I don't measure anything- just mash the bananas and cinnamon with the zucchini and then add oats until it is a dough consistency. Then I plop balls {ping pong size or smaller} on a nonstick foil-lined cookie sheet and bake. 

Voila! Easter is still a week away, so you should all be super impressed that I have this put together so far ahead of time!

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment