Thursday, January 23, 2014

Accidentally Crunchy: Introduction

Outside of my *finding*fifty*two* project I'd like to blog about random other things as well. Starting with a little series I'm calling Accidentally Crunchy.

I never set out to be a "crunchy" mom. {I still don't think I am, really} but once you make one decision about your baby/birth/parenting there is absolutely a path that kind of just opens up in front of you. 



When I decided that I wanted to try to have a drug-free birth I started down what has turned out to be a kind of crunchy path. 

The books and blogs and articles I read to prepare me for the birth I wanted alluded to or suggested other topics. One thing led to another and here we are. Accidentally crunchy. 

But my thought is: why can't I have it all?
Why can't I have a natural birth AND feed my kid regular {not organic} food?
Why can't I cloth diaper AND carry a Coach bag? 
Do I really have to go down the rabbit hole of no-poo {google it} and homeopathic everything just because I prefer wearing my baby over using the stroller? 

I give O homeopathic teething tablets. I also give him baby Advil. And baby Tylenol. {Teething is a B} And I'm ok with that! 

I think I've found a pretty good balance, mostly due to the confidence I have in my decisions and the support I have in my hubby. 

My point is, I never set out to parent/live like we do. It just happened.

Hopefully my crunchy ways are entertaining and informative.

*I'd also like to point out that I am not one to turn up my nose at parents who do things differently- parenting is hard enough without some a-hole rolling their eyes at your choices*


2 comments:

  1. This reminded me of; stop the mommy: empowering photo series. Search it ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've seen that circulate around FB a couple times! Love it.

      Delete