Friday, January 31, 2014

Week Four: Baby Blessing Party

I am so excited to finally share all the fun things I put together for my friend Reilly's sweet little girl's party!
Since this little sweetheart is Reilly's second baby, and she didn't feel like she wanted a baby shower, we decided to come up with a different way to gather all the ladies close to baby Natalia and celebrate her earth-side arrival! 

I jumped at the chance to throw this "Baby Blessing" or "Welcome to the World" party. Not a baptism, not a shower, but just a time for family and friends to come together specifically to shower Natalia with love. 
I created an invite using my favorite picture editing website. {PicMonkey} Instead of using a photo I just chose to work on a "canvas" and added text and graphics. It was pretty easy and I'm so happy with how it turned out! 



I never intended on having a theme beyond a color scheme, but one thing led to another and we had an owl themed party. Lia's nursery has some owl touches as well, so I think it worked out pretty well. 
I bought a paper punch that embosses and punches in one hand-cramping easy motion. I used the little card stock owls it produced throughout the party. They're so darn cute!


Washi tape was on my list of things to include in the party, but I wasn't able to find any that really matched the color scheme the way I wanted. So, I improvised and purchased these two rolls of decorative tape from Target and they worked great! Not as easy to tear as washi tape, but the color was right, so I wasn't complaining. 


I also simply *needed* to include paper straws because the internets told me I had to. Every adorable party on Pinterest has them, and Target is displaying them front and center in their party aisle. Bandwagon? Yup. I love a good bandwagon!







Now, without further ado, I present to you my favorite photos of the party!


Desserts and Drinks

Food ala Pinterest

Sweet peppers are my favorite in a veggie tray!

Party mix in paper "cones"
Recipe Here

Lemon cupcakes {and owls}

In love with my stemless wine glasses!

.

I'm obsessed with the mango lemonade from Trader Joe's- add Sprite and you've got punch!


Paper straws+decorative tape

The decorative tape did not get old// Pens to use for the Baby Wishes book
My wonderfully talented mother in law painted and constructed this book just for little Lia
Everyone at the party wrote a little something to Natalia// I started the book off with my favorite poem 

So, there you have it! My first attempt at a baby party! I think it turned out pretty great and everyone loved showering Natalia with snuggles and writing sweet words in her book.

No comments:

Post a Comment