Friday, January 31, 2014

Party Pop & Crunch

You probably remember the delicious looking party mix featured at the Baby Blessing Party I threw. Well, here is the recipe! {I adapted it from a recipe on another blog.}

I used the recipe I found to give me a general idea of how much of each thing to add, but ultimately I just eyeballed it. 

What you'll need

*Rice Chex
*Pretzel sticks
*White popcorn {I grabbed a bag of the already popped variety because I'm lazy}
*White melting candies {I used Ghirardelli}
*Sprinkles
*M&Ms


What to do

Mix about 1+ cup each of the Chex, pretzels, and popcorn in a biiiiig bowl. 
Melt the melting candies {next time I am going to try almond bark instead just because we love it so much} and pour them over the mix 
Stir/fluff/fold to coat and then dump it out onto a cookie sheet right away {I lined mine with non-stick tin foil because I hate dishes}
Sprinkle with...well, sprinkles...while everything is still melty but don't stir any more or your sprinkles will disappear
Toss the pan in the fridge until it is set
Add M&Ms to the mix as you bag it up for gifting or serving {waiting until now to add the M&Ms will keep their color nice and vibrant and not coated with the melting candies}

I love this mix because you can really adapt it to your own theme- for this batch I only used purple, pink, and white M&Ms and sprinkles to match so it went with the color scheme of the party. 

You could easily skip the sprinkles or switch them to any color scheme, and same with the M&Ms. 

Try not to shove it in your face by the handful-- I dare you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment